Concurrency aids for Ruby, mostly around thread synchronisation. Includes:
- CountDownLatch: A synchronization aid that allows one or more threads to wait until a set of operations being performed in other threads completes
gem install synchronicity
require 'synchronicity' include Synchronicity latch = CountDownLatch.new 2 Thread.new do 2.times do sleep 1 latch.countdown! end end latch.wait 10
Note on Patches/Pull Requests
- Fork the project.
- Make your feature addition or bug fix.
- Add tests for it. This is important so I don't break it in a future version unintentionally.
- Commit, do not mess with rakefile, version, or history.
- If you want to have your own version, that is fine but bump version in a commit by itself so I can ignore when I pull
- Send me a pull request. Bonus points for topic branches.
Copyright (c) 2011 Ben Langfeld, Tuomas Kareinen. MIT licence (see LICENSE for details).