by Ben Nadel (www.bennadel.com)
ColdFusion 10 introduced the hmac() function for generating secure, hashed message authentication codes (HMAC). This function makes dealing with 3rd-Party APIs much easier. Before ColdFusion 10, however, you would need to dip down into the Java layer to access the security libraries. This ColdFusion component - Crypto.cfc - attempts to make access to such libraries easier and more concise.
- hmacMd5( key, input [, encoding] )
- hmacSha1( key, input [, encoding] )
- hmacSha256( key, input [, encoding] )
Encoding defults to "hex"; however, the following value are acceptable:
- "hex" - Ruturns the hash as a hex-encoded string.
- "base64" - Returns the hash as a base64-encoded string.
- "binary" - Returns the hash as a byte array.