ThoughtWorks Anthology: http://www.pragprog.com/titles/twa/thoughtworks-anthology
The 9 Rules of Object Calisthenics
Object Calisthenics outlines 9 basic rules to apply when performing the exercise:
- One level of indentation per method.
- Don't use the ELSE keyword.
- Wrap all primitives and Strings in classes.
- First class collections.
- One dot per line.
- Don't abbreviate.
- Keep all classes less than 50 lines.
- No classes with more than two instance variables.
- No getters or setters.
More to come soon!
I wanted to give a special thanks to Brian Kotek who originally introduced me to this exercise: