I am no longer maintaining this theme. The live demo has been taken offline.
Barhop is a lightweight theme designed for Anchor CMS. Page templates are in minimal PHP and focus on the writing, not the extra stuff. Some features include:
- Markdown and HTML editing in Anchor
- Fully mobile-responsive design
- Featured image included in blog list (see below for setup)
- Flickr image credits automatically added (blog post).
- Post descriptions displayed on home page
- Comment permalinks
- Category article counts in the sidebar
Currently, the Barhop theme is only available for Anchor. I'm planning on porting it over to Wordpress if I can get around to it.
There are a few customizations you'll need to make in order to take advantage of the features.
Barhop uses featured images to give a clean, modern look to your blog, but it must be enabled by the user. To do so:
- Create a new Custom Field under Extend > Custom Fields in your admin settings
- Enter the following in the form:
- Type: post
- Field: text
- Unique Key: featured_image (this is the slug used by Anchor)
- Label: Featured Image
- Click Update
- To set a featured image in the post editor:
- Scroll to the bottom of the editor
- Paste an image source URL into the Featured Image field.
- Images can be static or animated GIFs.
If you do not set up a featured image, or don't set an image, a random color will be applied to the Home page and the post header.
Anchor CMS is so light because it comes completely unconfigured.
Set up a reusable username variable:
- Create a new Custom Field under Extend > Site Variables in the admin settings.
- Enter the following in the config form:
- Name: twitter_account
- Value: yourusername - do not include '@'!
This theme is built for Anchor CMS.