Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.
Cannot retrieve contributors at this time
This document provides guidelines for people who want to contribute to
Please use the bugtracker  before starting some work:
Use topic branches
- check if the bug or feature request has already been filed. It may have been
- else create a new ticket.
- if you plan to contribute, tell us, so that we are given an opportunity to
give feedback as soon as possible.
- Then, in your commit messages, reference the ticket with some
refs #TICKET-ID syntax.
- Work in branches.
- Prefix your branch with the ticket ID corresponding to the issue. As an
example, if you are working on ticket #23 which is about contribute
documentation, name your branch like
- If you work in a development branch and want to refresh it with changes from
master, please rebase  or merge-based rebase , i.e. do not merge master.
Clone django-downloadview repository (adapt to use your own fork):
git clone email@example.com:benoitbryon/django-downloadview.git
The Makefile is the reference card for usual actions in development
- Install development toolkit with pip :
- Run tests with tox :
- Build documentation:
make documentation. It builds Sphinx 
documentation in var/docs/html/index.html.
- Release project with zest.releaser :
- Cleanup local repository:
make distclean and
Demo project included
The demo included in project's repository is part of the tests and
documentation. Maintain it along with code and documentation.
Notes & references
Press h to open a hovercard with more details.