BPG - Ben's Picture Gallery
A simple gallery program to show pictures and video from your digital camera on your website.
View the live demo here
- Download and unzip this to your web server.
- Edit the
config.phpfile with your own settings.
bpg-srv.php?setupin a browser and install any missing dependencies.
- Put your pictures and videos in the
- schedule a cron task to generate any missing cache files and clean up the cache
0 1 * * * cd /var/www/photos && php bpg-srv.php -g -d "all" -t all
- if you don't want to use PHP to server the content on the web server (like the demo here) then edit the
bpg.jsfile uncomment the line with
static_mode_active = true
- Apache web server (tested on Mac, Ubuntu and Debian)
sudo apt-get install apache2
- PHP with GD and EXIF support
sudo apt-get install php5 php5-gd php5-cli
- ffmpeg and qt-faststart (for resizing videos)
- exiftool (for editing JPEG file comments)
sudo apt-get install libimage-exiftool-perl
- zip (for downloading files)
sudo apt-get install zip
- Supports jpg, mp4, mov, avi, 3gp, wav, and mp3 files.
- Slideshow that shows both photos and videos.
- Pictures automatically scale to fit any screen size.
- Automatic image rotation from the EXIF orientation data in the photo jpg files.
- Captions can be added to photos and are saved in the original jpeg file. (This means you can keep your captions if you want to use a different program in the future)
- Editing captions, manual rotation, and deleting files is restricted to "admin" users.
- Tested with cameras from Canon, Nikon, Kodak and iPhone or Android phones
- Automatically maintained cache of thumbnails and small, medium and large versions of the photos.
- Original photos can be protected from downloading.
- Watermarks can be added to the resized images.
- Videos are converted to the h264 format for low bandwidth.
- Videos can be played on nearly any phone, tablet or computer thanks to MediaElement.
- Load balanced mirror feature can be used for faster thumbnail loading where local bandwidth is limited.
- RSS feed of the latest photos.
- RSS announcement feed can be used to annnounce new photos.
- Shopping cart for download a zip file or purchasing prints.
- Most features can be enabled or disabled individually.
- Built-in installation help guide.
Thanks to everyone who made this possible