Consul & Confd Cluster Demo
for a full explanation & walk through, check out http://txt.fliglio.com/2014/05/encapsulated-services-with-consul-and-confd/
Look through the Vagrantfile to get an idea of what we're setting up, but essentially we are building:
- 2 consul server agents
- 1 consul agent hosting a "status" web gui
- 2 example service nodes
- 1 demo web-app that will interact with the service
$ git clone email@example.com:benschw/consul-cluster-vagrant.git $ cd consul-cluster-vagrant $ vagrant up
- I've included dependencies in the
/binfolder, but if you don't trust me the sources are listed below.
confdis built off of master as consul support won't be baked in until the 0.4 release.
- Each node is wired to use 256mb ram, so this cluster should run OK on most systems. My i7/8gb laptop stays under a load of 1.
- bin/consul https://dl.bintray.com/mitchellh/consul/0.2.0_linux_amd64.zip
- bin/confd https://github.com/kelseyhightower/confd (built off master on May 16, 2014)
- bin/demo (https://github.com/benschw/consul-clb-go)
- web/ https://dl.bintray.com/mitchellh/consul/0.2.0_web_ui.zip