The king is here - on his couch, covered in rubies.
Simple library for working with CouchDB
This code is in heavy development, in conjunction with a few development projects. This means the API can and probably will change substantially over the next few releases as we work out what fits best. You have been warned.
Create a database object to work with. Will create the DB if it doesn't exist
Throne.database = "blaster" Throne::Database.create
Save a new document
doc = Throne::Document.new(:first_name => "Arthur") doc.save
Throne::Document.create(:first_name => "Arthur")
Get a document
- Note that _id is prefixed with _ just like it is in the database. id will give you the ruby object id.
Save an existing document
doc.save => true
Say you want to add some properties in the process of the save
doc.save(:king => true) => true
Delete a document
Throne::Document.destroy(doc._id) => true
or, with your instance
doc.destroy => true
Destroy the database
Note on Patches/Pull Requests
- Fork the project.
- Make your feature addition or bug fix.
- Add tests for it. This is important so I don't break it in a future version unintentionally.
- Commit, do not mess with rakefile, version, or history. (if you want to have your own version, that is fine but bump version in a commit by itself I can ignore when I pull)
- Send me a pull request. Bonus points for topic branches.
Copyright (c) 2009 Lincoln Stoll, Ben Schwarz, Badasses of the universe. See LICENSE for details.