This Django application provides the ability to create and manage lists of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), organized by topic.
This project is still under development, though several medium-to-large websites are currently using it in production. The plan is to get a stable version with a full test suite and documentation out the door in the coming months.
Below are tasks that need done, features under consideration, and some reminders for the future.
- Write tests for faq.
- Wire up testing on travis-ci.org.
- Write tests for haystack bits.
- Write general documentation, and specifically,
- The change of modified date field behavior. (Dropped null=True, now has a date upon creation.) Write migration if necessary.
- Document removal of custom template name field on Topic. (The feature made little sense given the various URL/view setups.) Write migration if necessary.
- Note supported versions of Python, Django, and Haystack.
- Put documentation on readthedocs.org.
- Create a better interface for ordering questions within a topic.
- Consider if/how to add ordering to Topics. (This is complicated because of site relations.)
- Consider making the requirement for django.contrib.sites optional.
- Update to class-based generic views
- Move from Question.save() to model validation?