Learn TypeScript by creating a simple website to display Spare the Air information in a more consumable format.
What I would do differently
- index.html organization could be improved by using HTML5's
- tslint.json and my VS Code Prettier extension aren't behaving perfectly so the auto-formatting isn't to my exact preferences
- I could check today's date, because the RSS feed is sometimes out of day so shows yesterday's data
- I don't load all RSS feeds concurrently because I haven't used async/await before and didn't take the time to figure it out
Resources and RSS Feeds
To develop in two shells run the following two NPM scripts
npm run webpack
To deploy just push all changes to GitHub.
Don't forget about new step to imports: https://webpack.js.org/guides/typescript/#using-third-party-libraries
- Don't wait for each rss feed to load, load them all synchronously
- Better loading messages or animation
- tslint not listening to "no-magic-numbers" or "max-length" properly
- tslint not liking my imports in index.js even though they are in package.json