NYJWFP Pokémon Showdown
NYJWFP Pokémon Showdown is a simulator of Pokémon battles that is reserved for NYJWFP group usage only. It currently supports singles battles in Generations 4-5 (HGSS, BW, BW2).
Requires node.js, either v0.6.3 through v0.8.22, or v0.10.2 and up.
To install dependencies, run the command:
To start Pokémon Showdown, run the command:
node app.js [PORT]
You will be redirected to
http://SERVER.psim.us. The reason your server is visited through
psim.us is to make it more difficult for servers to see a user's password in any form, by handling logins globally. You can embed this in an
iframe in your website if the URL is a big deal with you.
If you truly want to host the client yourself, there is a repository for the Pokémon Showdown Client. It's not recommended for beginners, though.
If you do not have a registered Pokémon Showdown account, you can create one using the registration form.
Pokémon Showdown currently supports, in order of preference:
- Chrome/Firefox/Safari for various mobile devices
- Firefox for Android
IE8 support can technically be added without too much difficulty, but it doesn't run PS fast enough to be usable.
As for older browsers (Firefox 3.6), I won't go out of my way to support them, but if there's a simple fix, you can suggest it to me and I'll implement it.
Pokémon Showdown's server is distributed under the terms of the MIT License.
Credits for NYJWFP Pokemon Showdown
- Brandon Phillips [bericp1]
- Blake Carbone
- Alex Casselberry
- Mitch Dailey
- Adrian Galvan
- Swade Greenemeier
- Christian Lynette
- Kaleb Renyer
Credits for the Original Pokemon Showdown (Non-NYJQFP-specific)
- Guangcong Luo [Zarel] - Development, Design
- Cathy J. Fitzpatrick [cathyjf] - Development
- Bill Meltsner [bmelts] - Development
- Mathieu Dias-Martins [Marty-D] - Research (game mechanics), Development
- Andrew Goodsell [Zracknel] - Art (battle weather backdrops)
- Cody Thompson [Rising_Dusk] - Development
- Juanma Serrano [Joim] - Development
- Kyle Dove [Kyle_Dove] - Art (battle backdrops)
- Samuel Teo [Yilx] - Art (main background)
- [The Immortal] - Development