Paolo Bernardi's GitHub
Welcome to my GitHub page!
I'm Paolo, an Italian software engineer, member A1364 of the Italian Institution of Engineers – Province of Terni, Section A (senior), sector C (information engineering).
While most of my work pertains closed source software, every now and then I design some code that I can share in the open without being sued or ashamed: this is what my GitHub space is about. Here you will find some absolutely indespensable, highly-customized utilities that I couldn't refrain from creating. Everyone has needs, after all.
While I'm definitely a computer-programming language polyglot, my open code is mostly written in Python, because I find it to be the best tool to get quick results in my scarce spare time.
Here's a selection of my Python open software:
- Photocopieuse, a "personal assistent" that takes care of my Jira, Confluence, calendar etc.
- PBOTS, a tool to monitor online bulletin boards and notify changes via email.
- Lilium, a dashboard for my domestic monitoring appliances.
- Hugo Uploader, a command line FTP differential uploader for Hugo-based websites.
Other notable non-Python tools:
- PDF Juggler, a simple desktop tool to remix and reorder PDF files.
- PAES, a parallel OpenCL AES implementation.
- Little, a simple imperative programming language interpreter written in C with a Literate Programming approach (I've used nuweb).
- OpenCV Slideshow, a slide changer that works by showing a green glove to the webcam.
- Parallel-SAT, an MPI-based SAT solver.
- FantaHadoop, to compute football statistics with an Hadoop cluster (overkill? Perhaps...)
You will find even more software hidden in my GitHub repositories, explore them at your leisure! On the other hand, software that didn't pass the legal/shame threshold is safely stored in my private, air-gapped git repo (I'm afraid that you'll never get to see my Common Lisp-based Wumpus solver, my Oberon pregnancy tracker or my OCaml tic-tac-toe, among the others).
How to reach me
You may find me elsewhere too:
Do not hesitate to contact me, be it for professional advice or informal comments and conversation!