This plugin for MuseScore 2.0 expands chords annotations into a few notes in voice 4, directly playable by MuseScore.
No styles, variations, bells or whistles: it's really plain, but does work.
This plugin is likely to be ported into MuseScore core in the near future... no further plugin development for now.
- Download and install the plugin to your MuseScore 2.0+ install. Only the qml file is needed, but the examples (in test/) are useful to try it out quickly.
- enable the chordsToNotes plugin in
plugins > plugin managerdialog, restart MuseScore.
- open a score with chords, make sure MuseScore has parsed them all by hitting F2 (transpose to anything) and SHIFT-F2 (to transpose back)... or simply transpose to a prime (or just to the current key) - so nothing is really changed
- run the plugin via
plugin > Create-Notes-From-Chords
- enjoy your new voice 4 with notes generated from the chords, and use [MuseScore shortcuts](see https://musescore.org/en/handbook/note-input) to quickly change the proposed chords to you liking (eg ctrl up/down to move a note up/down one octave)
Issues and limitations
- I would like to generate these new notes in a new staff instead of new voice in current staff. Any suggestion how to do so is welcome.
- I would like to display notes with the proper length (eg whole, half,...). Any suggestion to get note length info from cursor chord/rest is welcome.
Kindly report issues or requests in the issue tracker.