A Raspberry Pi 3 coffee roaster running on Windows IoT.
Although many manual methods can be used for roasting coffee beans at home, I wanted a precise and mostly automated way of roasting small batches of beans.
- Operated via web app on a mobile device
- Ability to control fan and heating elements separately
- Ability to hold a steady temperature
- Chart to display roasting profile
- Automatic safety cool-down if temperature is too high
- REST API control of hardware for easy integration across platforms
- Raspberry Pi 3
- MAX31855 Thermocouple
- 1040 watt heating element from Nostalgia hot air popper
- 18 volt fan from Nostalgia hot air popper
- 25A 24-380VAC relay for controlling heating element
- 25A 5-200VDC relay for controlling fan
- Glass hurricane lamp chimney
- PC power supply for easy power management