Betaflight is flight controller software (firmware) used to fly multi-rotor craft and fixed wing craft.
This fork differs from Baseflight and Cleanflight in that it focuses on flight performance, leading-edge feature additions, and wide target support.
|01 December 2018||Start of feature freeze / Release Candidate window for Betaflight 4.0|
|01 January 2019||Planned release date for Betaflight 4.0|
Betaflight has the following features:
- Multi-color RGB LED strip support (each LED can be a different color using variable length WS2811 Addressable RGB strips - use for Orientation Indicators, Low Battery Warning, Flight Mode Status, Initialization Troubleshooting, etc)
- DShot (150, 300, 600 and 1200), Multishot, and Oneshot (125 and 42) motor protocol support
- Blackbox flight recorder logging (to onboard flash or external microSD card where equipped)
- Support for targets that use the STM32 F7, F4 and F3 processors
- PWM, PPM, and Serial (SBus, SumH, SumD, Spektrum 1024/2048, XBus, etc) RX connection with failsafe detection
- Multiple telemetry protocols (CSRF, FrSky, HoTT smart-port, MSP, etc)
- RSSI via ADC - Uses ADC to read PWM RSSI signals, tested with FrSky D4R-II, X8R, X4R-SB, & XSR
- OSD support & configuration without needing third-party OSD software/firmware/comm devices
- OLED Displays - Display information on: Battery voltage/current/mAh, profile, rate profile, mode, version, sensors, etc
- In-flight manual PID tuning and rate adjustment
- Rate profiles and in-flight selection of them
- Configurable serial ports for Serial RX, Telemetry, ESC telemetry, MSP, GPS, OSD, Sonar, etc - Use most devices on any port, softserial included
- VTX support for Unify Pro and IRC Tramp
- and MUCH, MUCH more.
Installation & Documentation
IRC Support and Developers Channel
There's a dedicated Slack chat channel here:
Etiquette: Don't ask to ask and please wait around long enough for a reply - sometimes people are out flying, asleep or at work and can't answer immediately.
To configure Betaflight you should use the Betaflight-configurator GUI tool (Windows/OSX/Linux) that can be found here:
The source for it is here:
Contributions are welcome and encouraged. You can contribute in many ways:
- Documentation updates and corrections.
- How-To guides - received help? Help others!
- Bug reporting & fixes.
- New feature ideas & suggestions.
The best place to start is the IRC channel on gitter (see above), drop in, say hi. Next place is the github issue tracker:
Before creating new issues please check to see if there is an existing one, search first otherwise you waste peoples time when they could be coding instead!
Please refer to the development section in the
TravisCI is used to run automatic builds
Open Source / Contributors
Betaflight is software that is open source and is available free of charge without warranty to all users.
Betaflight is forked from Cleanflight, so thanks goes to all those whom have contributed to Cleanflight and its origins.
Origins for this fork (Thanks!):
- Alexinparis (for MultiWii),
- timecop (for Baseflight),
- Dominic Clifton (for Cleanflight), and
- Sambas (for the original STM32F4 port).
- borisbstyle (Fork from Cleanflight).
The Betaflight Configurator is forked from Cleanflight Configurator and its origins.
Origins for Betaflight Configurator:
- Dominic Clifton (for Cleanflight configurator), and
- ctn (for the original Configurator).
Big thanks to current and past contributors:
- Budden, Martin (martinbudden)
- Bardwell, Joshua (joshuabardwell)
- Blackman, Jason (blckmn)
- Höglund, Anders (andershoglund)
- Ledvina, Petr (ledvinap) - IO code awesomeness!
- Keeble, Gary (MadmanK)
- Keller, Michael (mikeller) - Configurator brilliance
- Kravcov, Albert (skaman82) - Configurator brilliance
- Nathan (nathantsoi)
- sambas - bringing us the F4
- Stålheim, Anton (KiteAnton)
And many many others who haven't been mentioned....