Which file do I need?
- Windows (7, 8, 10):
- Mac OS X:
betaflight-configurator_<version>_macOS.dmg(please read 'Important information when upgrading' below);
betaflight-configurator-<version>.x86_64.rpm(Red Hat, Fedora, CentOS),
This release contains all of the changes necessary to support version 4.1 of the Betaflight firmware. If you are using firmware 4.1, it is essential that you upgrade to this version, in order to get support for configuring the new features of 4.1. Please read the 'Important information when upgrading' section below. For a list of other new features that were added see 'New Features' below.
If your platform is not supported, but can run a recent version of Chrome, please follow these instructions to install the Betaflight Configurator from the Chrome web store.
We have tried to make this release as bug free as possible. If you still find a bug, please report it back to us by opening an issue here.
If you want to talk about Betaflight, ask configuration questions, or just hang out with fellow pilots, you can do this in our Facebook group.
Betaflight also has a presence in the Slack messaging platform. Register here, and then come join us in Slack. Most developers hang out there, so this is a great place to talk about the things you are tinkering with in Betaflight, or get help with really complicated configuration problems.
Important information when upgrading
- Changes to the security model used in the latest versions of MacOS X 10.14 (Mojave) and 10.15 (Catalina) mean that the operating system will show an error message ('"Betaflight Configurator.app" is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Trash.') when trying to install the application. To work around this, run the following command in a terminal before installing:
sudo xattr -rd com.apple.quarantine /Applications/Betaflight\ Configurator.app;
- users of DJI FPV goggles please be aware: There is a bug in the current firmware of the DJI air unit, causing it to disable the arming prevention built into Betaflight configurator. This means that a flight controller set up with a DJI air unit that is powered on can be armed even when connected to Betaflight configurator. For this reason, when using DJI FPV goggles, be aware that accidental arming and motor spin ups can occur when connected to Betaflight configurator. As usual, always remove the propellers before connecting a battery while on the bench;
- the language selection has been moved from the settings menu to the bottom of the 'Welcome' page (the first page to show when Betaflight configurator is started).
- added client-side autocomplete to CLI (#1329);
- added voltage and amperage scale calibration based on meter readings (#1439);
- added dark mode (#1473);
- changed the OSD elements to be listed in alphabetical order (#1485);
- added 'Video Transmitter' tab to configure a VTX (#1569, #1612, #1650);
- added support for flashing Unified Targets with custom board configurations (#1585, #1587, #1626, #1651);
- added sliders for PID / filter tuning (#1598, #1638, #1653).
New GUI support for the following firmware features:
- added visualisation of rate limit settings to the PID tuning graph (#1368);
- improved the arming disabled flags display (#1426, #1448, #1479);
- added iterm_relax cutoff (#1564);
- added debug modes (#1566, #1577);
- added custom gyro alignment (#1580);
- added Dshot telemetry information display to the motors tab (#1602);
- added RPM based filtering (#1621);
- new OSD display / statistics elements.
Changes from the previous Release Candidate:
- fixed naming of the 'Altitude' graph in the sensors tab (#1690);
- added check / filtering for unicode characters in Unified Target configurations (#1693);
- added missing deinitialisation of the 3D model, leading to excessive memory use (#1695);
- fixed the LED strip colour picker (#1698);
- fixed OSD and VTX tab bar icons (#1700);
- fixed possible deadlock when aborting a connect (#1702);
- fixed missing border radius in the font manager (#1703);
- fixed some minor bugs (#1712);
- fixed problem when clicking 'Save' in the Video Transmitter tab multiple times (#1718);
- added introduction to Unified Targets (#1725);
- fixed small typos in the English translation (#1734).