Which file do I need?
- Windows (7, 8, 10):
- Mac OS X:
betaflight-configurator_<version>_macOS.dmg(please read 'Important information when upgrading' below);
betaflight-configurator-<version>.x86_64.rpm(Red Hat, Fedora, CentOS),
- EXTRA: Preview version of Betaflight Configurator for android:
This release contains all of the changes necessary to support version 4.2 of the Betaflight firmware. If you are using firmware 4.2, it is essential that you upgrade to this version, in order to get support for configuring the new features of 4.2. Please read the 'Important information when upgrading' section below. For a list of other new features that were added see 'New Features' below.
As an extra, we have included a preview version of the Betaflight Configurator for android that is currently under development. You can install the preview by downloading the .apk file onto your phone and opening it in a file manager, or by navigating to this page on your phone and clicking on the file in this release. Once the development of the android version has been completed it will be made available in the Google Play store.
We have tried to make this release as bug free as possible. If you still find a bug, please report it back to us by opening an issue here.
If you want to talk about Betaflight, ask configuration questions, or just hang out with fellow pilots, you can do this in our Facebook group.
Betaflight also has a presence in the Slack messaging platform. Register here, and then come join us in Slack. Most developers hang out there, so this is a great place to talk about the things you are tinkering with in Betaflight, or get help with really complicated configuration problems.
Important information when upgrading
- Changes to the security model used in the latest versions of MacOS X 10.14 (Mojave) and 10.15 (Catalina) mean that the operating system will show an error message ('"Betaflight Configurator.app" is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Trash.') when trying to install the application. To work around this, run the following command in a terminal after installing:
sudo xattr -rd com.apple.quarantine /Applications/Betaflight\ Configurator.app.
- improved target selection in the firmware flasher tab (#1820);
- improved PID tuning and the tuning sliders (#1839)
- added a button to bind SPI RX / newer Spektrum RX from within configurator (#1873);
- added warning messages about potential configuration issues (#1891, #1903, #1923, #1933).
- fixed links and contents on the landing page (#1957);
- various other UI fixes.
New GUI support for the following firmware features:
- added rates type selection (#1909);
- added support for more settings in PID profiles (#1831, #1901, #1905);
- added support for more settings for GPS (#1810, #1812).
- Euskera (Basque) (#1758);
- Português Brasileiro (Brasilian Portugese) (#1846);
- polski (Polish) (#1889);
- magyar (Hungarian) (#1987);
- 繁體中文 (Traditional Chinese) (#1988).
Changes from the previous Release Candidate:
- fixed bug showing empty header in the PID Tuning tab (#2047);
- fixed bug when reading the cell count for automatic profile switching (#2048);
- fixed bug in reporting of metrics for the PID loop speed settings (#2050);
- fixed bug in the PID loop sliders resulting in the sliders being disabled for certain values (#2053).