Compiling NxOgre from the Git repository
The Git repository is Betajaen’s public copy of the working code of NxOgre. It is the most recent code published, and it being so recent hasn’t been tested so much.
Before you install NxOgre go through this checklist
- Install the PhysX SystemSoftware
- Install the PhysX SDK
- Create the environmental variable for the PhysX SDK
- Go to the latest commit on Github
- Click on the download link
- Then click on zip archive to download it to your computer
- Uncompress the contents of the archive to your development directory i.e.
- The folder name of NxOgre will be a bit strange ex.
betajaen-nxogre-8b032dd34625b7ebda0c343e8f98210e6a8354a5rename it to
NxOgreto have it a bit more meaning.
Currently the Git versions has the build solutions for Visual Studio 2005, Visual Studio 2008 and Visual Studio 2010.
- Double click on the solution to your IDE
- Compile the NxOgre project
If you have any problems.
- Make sure you’ve gone through all steps of all the items in the checklist.
- Check of the forums for anyone else having your problems.
- Make a post asking for help.