Create An Application
Record your consumer key and secret. Be sure to set the callback url of your application.
Put your key and secret from your application into the API_SETTINGS in the client.
See the "findingsdjango" directory in the github repository for an example Findings posting application.
Atom feed of the public timeline
A public Atom feed of the last 20 clips posted to Findings is available at https://findings.com/api/v1/timeline.xml
Clip: A clip is a user's clip from a document. It contains information about when and who created it. It will contain the document, and the publisher of the document.
Document: A document is what a user's clip refers to. It's a piece of text with additionally an url (for a web document) or a set of book metadata (for a book clipping).
Page: Contains the next and previous urls for the next and previous set of data about this resultset.
Older documents do not have creation times.
Requires: a valid application key.
Base Url: https://findings.com/api/v1/
- profile: https://findings.com/api/v1/(username)
- clips: https://findings.com/api/v1/(username)/clips
- clips for a particular document: https://findings.com/api/v1/clips/document/(document id)
- start_after: the element id for the next link the next pagination starts after
- start_before: the element id the link for previous pagination result starts before
- num: the number of items to return in the resultset
Show this username's clips:
Show 10 of this username's clips using the previous link (and appending your key).
Requires: a valid application key and an OAuth call with valid access tokens.
Base Url: /api/v1/
Post: Create A Clipping
- create new finding: https://findings.com/api/v1/(username)/clip
There are two kinds of clippings in Findings, book and web. To post a web clip you define the url, to post a book clip you must currently define the isbn (by title, author is coming soon).
Possible post parameters:
- isbn: if present the clipping is assigned to 'book'
- private: if not present, the private flag is set to false
- content: required. this is the clipping content
- url: if present, the clipping is assigned to 'web'
- note: a note about the clipping
So the required items are "content" and one of either "url" or "isbn".