Installation wizard for October
The wizard installation is a recommended way to install October. It is simpler than the command-line installation and doesn't require any special skills.
- Prepare a directory on your server that is empty. It can be a sub-directory, domain root or a sub-domain.
- Download the installer archive file.
- Unpack the installer archive to the prepared directory.
- Grant writing permissions on the installation directory and all its subdirectories and files.
- Navigate to the install.php script in your web browser.
- Follow the installation instructions.
Minimum System Requirements
October CMS has a few system requirements:
- PHP 5.4 or higher
- PDO PHP Extension
- cURL PHP Extension
- MCrypt PHP Extension
- ZipArchive PHP Library
- GD PHP Library
As of PHP 5.5, some OS distributions may require you to manually install the PHP JSON extension.
When using Ubuntu, this can be done via
apt-get install php5-json.