BETH Hackathon energy suisse challenge
How could Blockchain technology benefit the climate twice with a solution that documents in a ledger:
- CO 2 emission reduction by households (e.g. in the fields of electricity, heat and mobility)
- The reinvestment of saved costs in (local) sustainable projects with direct payments from the consumer who saved energy to sustainable projects without costly/untrustworthy middlemen.
This project consists of three main components:
- Blockchain: A Blockchain network for CO2 emission tracking
- IoT: Internet of Things sensor to measure oil level
- webapp: Web application with interface to blockchain network