A slim alternative to jQuery's Sizzle
This is the selector engine used in Dominus.
npm install sektor --save
bower install sektor --save
Sektor lacks support for custom state-based selectors popularized by Sizzle, such as
:first, and so on.
While Sizzle fixes a few cross-browser incompatibilities by providing their own full-blown selection engine, Sektor doesn't fix all of them. You can check the complete list of cross-browser incompatibilities Sizzle fixes in their source code.
Sektor does correct the behavior in
.querySelectorAll for context-rooted queries.
Features I'm glad are missing
I consider these "features" bloat, and thus they aren't implemented in
- Attribute not equal selector
- Positional selectors (
- Type selectors (
- Complex negations
- Adding custom selectors via Sizzle extensions
- Reliable functionality on XML fragments
- Matching against non-elements
- Reliable sorting of disconnected nodes