Pull in sponsors across different services and correlate against your reward tiers
Bevry is an open-source community that is behind several popular open-source projects which get millions of downloads a month.
The primary way we have funded our open-source development has been:
- Unsustainably using our related at the time then unrelated consulting profits - unsustainable, as the business model is a misplaced loss leader, loss leaders are a gamble that only work if the project has a sutainable business model
- Relying on donations from individuals, which are provided with no expectation of reward - reliable way to cover expenses through low tiers ($50/total/month over years)
- Relying on sponsorship from companies, which are provided with reimbursement through various reward schemes (usually exposure, however mechandise is another example) - sporadic way of funding development through high tiers ($2000/total/month over a few months then a large gap)
Donations work off the intrinisic motivation of the donators ideology - socialism, altruisim, pay it forward, free culture, etc.
Sponsorships work off the extrinisic motivation of the sponsor to recoup their investment to ensure their business thrives - as altruistic spending is the end of a business.
Currently Bevry receives funds through several sources - Stripe, PayPal, Coinbase, Bank Transfer - as well as several services - Patreon, Open Collective, Gratipay.
Currently all the provided infrastructure only allows those to give funds to be treated as donators, who get nothing back, deincentivising large funding options through sponsorship - as all sponsorship rewards must be enacted manually, there is no automated service that rewards them.
This project aims to solve that by making it effortless to receive and reward sponsorship, incentivising and rewarding high-tier funding that covers development costs.
- pull in sponsor funding data from all different sources (stripe, paypal, bank transfer / manual input) and services (patreon, open collective, gratipay)
- correlate sponsor information (their funding data plus collected sponsor details) with your reward tiers
- expose data via api for rendering the sponsor data in your readmes and on your websites so they get a reward
- provide an interface where sponsors can update their sponsor data
- add analytic tracker images to each sponsor render
- build dashboard and service to render to the sponsors how much eyeballs they got, qualifying their investment
- allow payments directly to sponsored, making us our own sponsor service (possible revenue option if wish to add fee - the lower the fee the better the competitive strategy)
- add merchandise and other type of reward fulfillments (definite revenue option) other type of reward fulfillments (definite revenue option)
This module is still under construction.
These amazing people are maintaining this project:
No sponsors yet! Will you be the first?
These amazing people have contributed code to this project:
Unless stated otherwise all works are:
- Copyright © 2016+ Bevry Pty Ltd
and licensed under: