Diamond is a python daemon that collects system metrics and publishes them to Graphite (and others). It is capable of collecting cpu, memory, network, i/o, load and disk metrics. Additionally, it features an API for implementing custom collectors for gathering metrics from almost any source.
The documentation can be found on our wiki. For your convenience the wiki is setup as a submodule of this checkout. You can get it via running
git submodule init git submodule update
- Diamond has successfully been deployed to a cluster of 1000 machines pushing 3 million points per minute.
- Have a story? Please share!
Diamond Related Projects
- puppet-diamond - diamond module for puppet
- chef-diamond - diamond cookbook for chef
- chef-diamond - Alternative diamond cookbook for chef