Medium to Hugo
Tool for the migration of articles from a medium.com account to a static website generator with markdown like Hugo.
- transform HTML posts to markdown
- ignores comments and empty articles
- SEO friendly (keeps the old URL as an alias)
- keeps all the metadata and adds most Hugo front Matter, including the alias with the old URL
- even if one article fails it keeps going
- marks the drafts as "draft_"
- Fetch the article TAGS (which are not included in the Medium exporter), compatible with Hugo Related feature
- Fetch all the Images and puts them in each articles bundle
- stories are ordered by date (
.Params: image, images, slug, subtitle
- minimal HTML cleanup (removed empty URLs, duplicate title and so on)
- Download your medium data
- Unzip it
- Download our binary (see Releases)
- Run something like
./mediumtohugo /path/to/export/posts /path/to/hugo/content/ posts
Build / Contribute
You need Bash, Go 1.11+
See Issues for a list of TODOs.