Imports Google Play Music playlist files to Spotify.
Download Your Playlists from Google Play Music
For each playlist you want to import, first download it from the Google Play Music website.
- Load Google Play Music in your browser, open developer tools, and switch to the network tab.
- Navigate to the playlist in the web application.
- Switch to the developer tools network tab and locate the "loaduserplaylist" request for regular playlists or the "getephemthumbsup" request for the automatically created Thumbs Up playlist.
- Right-click on the request and select the option to copy the response.
- Paste the response in a new file.
Spotify Developer Info
The following environment variables must be configured:
The Client ID and Client Secret are provided with a Spotify developer application.
You can get an authorization token with the correct scopes using the Spotify developer console.
node main.js <path-to-google-playlist-file>
After the script runs, you'll have a new playlist in your Spotify account titled "Imported Playlist" containing each track that was successfully imported.
The script logs one line per track to standard out. Tracks that were successfully imported produce a line starting with "Added track". Tracks that were not imported produce a line starting with "Missing track" or "Error".