Variable Color Depth LPD8806 Library for Wiring
This is a Wiring Library for the LPD8806 PWM LED driver chips, strips, and pixels.
The library is based upon the Adafruit Industries LPD8806 Library.
The original LPD8806 Library only used 24 bit colors, which requires the use of 4 bytes per pixel. To save space, at the cost of color resolution, the LPD8806VD library allows the use of 16 bit and 8 bit color depths.
Click the Downloads Tab in the Tabbar above.
- Uncompress the Downloaded Library
- Rename the uncompressed folder to LPD8806VD
- Check that the LPD8806VD folder contains
- Place the LPD8806VD library folder your
<WiringSketchFolder>/libraries/folder, if the libraries folder does not exist - create it first!
- (You can find - and also change - the Wiring Sketch Folder within the Wiring IDE under File -> Preferences)
- Restart the IDE