Task Planner - A simple easy to use application to create project roadmaps, user stories, project estimates effortlessly using easy to use interface. Created project can easily be shared to any one by adding the recipients email id.
Basic Requirements to run
- VS2017 update 15.3 and above as it uses .net core 2.0
- MS SQL Server for hosting SQL Database (Sample DB can be found here and can be hosted for getting started) https://github.com/bharatdwarkani/taskplanner/tree/development/Database%20sample
Changes need to be done in source to setup application
- Get a client and secret key by registering your app in google. For Login to work. Reference - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/aspnet/core/security/authentication/social/google-logins?tabs=aspnetcore2x
- Once registered replace client and secret id in apisettings.config file available in source https://github.com/bharatdwarkani/taskplanner/blob/development/TaskPlanner/appsettings.json
- Also replace SQL server DB credentials after hosting database in same file appsettings.json
- Now host application and it will be ready to run.
Login using google account
Share projects to any one by using there Gmail id
Create, edit, delete and share projects
Effortlessly create road map, user stories as if you are typing in a doc editor in a grid. Categorize and group stories by theme, epics in a grid view
Add estimates, penalty, benefit, priority, theme, epic, sprint, release, assignee and priority to a story.
Export stories to excel
Developed using cutting edge technology .net core - cross platform compatible can be hosted on Linux / windows.
Replaces email / excel and organizes features list at one place
Note: This isn't an actual issue tracker, but it helps in planning stories to be added in backlog of issue tracker it’s a first stage of your development cycle highly useful for startup companies, consultancy team, product owners, scrum masters for writing user stories / feature plan effortlessly.
- Start-up companies can use this to prepare road map for their products.
- Consulting companies can use this to prepare a plan or estimate cost / hour for requirements and can share to customer.
- Freelancers or small teams can use this to prepare a list of features for their product.
- Product Owners / Scrum master can use this to create a plan for their product release or sprints.
- Product Owners / Scrum master can use this to prepare and share road maps.
- As it provides organized for story writing effortlessly can be used as a replacement for document editors / excel sheets.
- There are several fields which can be used in different ways based on needs either for preparing road maps, sprint plan, release plan, preparing estimates.
- Stories can be exported to excel.
- Stories can be grouped / sorted by themes, epics, estimation, assignee, sprint / release easily.
- Estimate, penalty, benefit & priority can also be set for stories.
- Reduces time and effort to write stories by product owner as they are not writing stories in actual issue tracker, which takes time for a single-story creation, who can then pass on written stories to scrum masters to convert to actual tasks with detailed requirement in issue tracker.
- Can be used as an initial stage tool in software development life cycle for filtering features and setting priority.
- Can also be used as an application to create check lists.
- Share testing plan to testing engineers.
- Import from Excel, CSV, Jira XML.
- Kanban boards for viewing stories by sprint, release, theme, epic
- Chart & Graph visualization
- Count based Statistics
- Email to user when project is shared
- Retaining selected columns for a project in database so that state of selected columns are retained project wise.
- Integration with issue trackers JIRA, Trello, GitHub, GitLab.
- Improve Responsiveness to mobile
- Documents and screenshots maintenance
Projects - Add, Edit, Delete, Favorite
Plan roadmaps / stories / features
Using additional columns other than those visible by default
Featured in Product Hunt popular list - https://www.producthunt.com/posts/task-planner
Third Party library credits
Thankful to following third party library vendors aiding in implementation of features