Project needs a new home
Thank you all of you who have used this package and have contributed code/bugs/enhancements over the years. As you may have noticed I haven't been able to make any contributions to this project and others in the last two years. I was hoping to get back to developing/maintaining this package on a regular basis but my current work-life balance does not allow it and I don't see that situation changing anytime soon.
So here is my humble request to the R geospatial community, if anyone wants to take over this project and maintain/develop it for the greater good, I will be more than happy to transfer the project over to your repo. Send me an email at bhaskarvk AT <google's mail domain>. Same offer holds of any of my other R packages that you might be interested in taking over.
For CRAN version
For latest development version
# We need latest leaflet package from Github, as CRAN package is too old.
Plugins integrated so far ...
- Pulse Icon: Demo at Rpubs - Pulse Icons
- Weather Markers: Demo at Rpubs - Weather Icons
- Leaflet Heat: Demo at Rpubs - Heatmaps
- webgl-heatmap: Demo at Rpubs - Heatmap
- Tile Caching: Demo at Rpubs - Tile Caching
- Leaflet Hash
- Fullscreen Control
- WMS Legend
- Omnivore: Allows adding data from various geospatial file formats.
- Leaflet.Draw & Style Editor: Demo at Rpubs: leaflet-draw
- Leaflet.Geodesic: Demo at Rpubs: Geodesic Lines
- Leaflet-measure-path: Demo at Rpubs: Measure Path
- Leaflet-search: Demo at Rpubs: Leaflet Search
- Leaflet.Sleep: Demo at Rpubs: Suspended Scrolling
- Bing Tiles
- Bounce Marker
The R functions have been documented using roxygen, and should provide enough help to get started on using a feature. However some plugins have lots of options and it's not feasible to document every single detail. In such cases you are encouraged to check the plugin's documentation.
I want to use a certain leaflet plugin not integrated so far.
- Good Solution: Create issues for plugins you wish incorporated but before that search the existing issues to see if issue already exists and if so comment on that issue instead of creating duplicates.
- Better Solution: It would help in prioritizing if you can include additional details like why you need the plugin, how helpful will it be to everyone etc.
- Best Solution: Code it yourself and submit a pull request. This is the fastest way to get a plugin into the package.
I submitted an issue for a plugin long time ago but it is still not available.
This package is being developed purely on a voluntary basis on spare time without any monetary compensation. So the development progress can stall at times. It may also not be possible to prioritize one-off requests that no one else is interested in. Getting more people interested in a feature request will help prioritize development. Other option is to contribute code. That will get you added to the contributer list and a thanks tweet.
I found a bug.
- Good Solution: Search existing issue list and if no one has reported it create a new issue.
- Better Solution: Along with issue submission provide a minimal reproducible code sample.
- Best Solution: Fix the issue and submit a pull request. This is the fastest way to get a bug fixed.
As of version 1.0.0,
leaflet.extras supports leaflet.js version 1.x.
To make additions to the plugin dependencies, please add the plugin using
npm. Make sure it is compiled within the
webpack.config.js. Finally, make sure htmlwidgets finds it within your plugin's dependency function.
To build the latest version of the plugins, please make sure Node.js is installed on your system, then run:
npm run build
Code of Conduct
Please note that this project is released with a Contributor Code of Conduct. By participating in this project you agree to abide by its terms.