Important, the main project has moved to https://github.com/valnet/valuenetwork
A prototype of Value Network Accounting, being developed in collaboration with http://www.sensorica.co/ , a pioneering value network.
Background on Value Networks: http://www.sensorica.co/value-networks
The prototype used the https://github.com/pinax/pinax-project-account starter project, built on the Django framework.
Developer doc to come. User doc probably much later.
The valueaccounting app could be split out and used in other Django projects.
- Deploy on Web server so Sensorica members can experiment with it. [done: http://valnet.webfactional.com/ ]
- Import Sensorica spreadsheet data. [done]
- Create interfaces for members to enter contributions. [mockup, awaiting feedback]
- Create an interface for members to experiment with value equations and income distributions. [mockup, awaiting feedback]
- Add Features and Options for configured products [done]
- Create a Lab Notes app for research and development work
- Add a Wiki
- Create a pluggable English vocabulary.
- Translate the UI into French.
- Create visualizations in the system. [started]: example: http://valnet.webfactional.com/accounting/network/24/
- Create exports of combined data for visualizations and reports outside the system. [exports of simple data done]
- Add a reversion system (revision tracking and undo) for product and process design changes.
- Create a protocol for nodes in a federated value system to communicate and transact with one another.
- Convert the valueaccounting Django app to another platform to test the protocol between platforms and serve as a proof of concept of a language and framework neutral accounting design..