sync your rethinkdb tables with elasticsearch
This is an alternative to the java elasticsearch river plugin used for syncing rethinkdb and elasticsearch.
Rubber differs from the river plugin in the following ways:
- it's not an esoteric elasticsearch plugin
- it's not written in java
- it has configurable logging
- it's faster
docker pull bhurlow/rubber docker run --link rethink:rethink --elasticsearch:search bhurlow/rubber node index.js prod:customers
- args passed into index.js take the form of
- you may specify multiple db:table pairs
- log level may be set by the
DEBUGenv var e.g.
- tables are backfilled automatically
note: the rubber container expects rethinkdb to be accessible at host
rethink and elasticsearch to be accessible at host
search (so you gotta link the containers like the example above)
Building the Container
git clone https://github.com/bhurlow/rubber.git cd rubber docker build -t rubber .
- handle db connections better