Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 40 million developers.Sign up
What's new in IntelHex 2.2 release.
- Better compatibility with Python 3. (Alexander Belchenko)
hexinfo.py: Python 3 compatibility for processing start address dict keys. (patch from GitHub user mentaal)
- Unit tests: Fixed xrange overflow test for Python 2.7 on 64-bit platforms. Use sys.maxint to ensure we trigger an exception. (Masayuki Takeda)
IntelHex.write_hex_filemethod: added support for new parameter:
eolstyle = native | CRLF. (Alexander Belchenko)
IntelHex.write_hex_file()method gets new optional parameter
byte_countto specify how many bytes should be written to each data record in output file. Default value is 16. (patch from GitHub user erki1993)
- Added get_memory_size() method: approx memory footprint of IntelHex object plus data. (Alexander Belchenko)
What's new in IntelHex 2.1 release.
- Better Python 3 compatibility when
bin2hex.pyscripts are trying to read/write binary data from stdin or to stdout. (GitHub issue #4)
- API changes: added
IntelHex.segments()method that returns a list of ordered tuple objects, representing contiguous occupied data addresses. (Andrew Fernandes)
- New command-line script
hexinfo.pyto print summary about hex files contents (file name, start address, address ranges covered by the data) in YAML format. (Andrew Fernandes)
- API changes:
IntelHex.dump()method gets new optional parameters:
withpaddingto control generation of output text. (patch from GitHub user durexyl)
hex2dump.pygets new option
--widthto support corresponding parameter in
- The main activity of the IntelHex project slowly drifting towards GitHub - the main social network for OSS developers. I'd really like to get some help from additional maintainer though.
Major improvements in IntelHex 2.0
- The same codebase can be run on both Python 2 (2.4-2.7) and Python 3 (3.2+). No need to use 2to3.
- Python 3 compatibility: tobinstr should return bytes not unicode string (Launchpad Bug #1212698).
- Python 2: better support for long int addresses (over 2GB) (Launchpad Bug #1408934)
- compat.py: provide more helper functions and aliases to reduce changes required to convert python 2 compatible sources to python 3. The code becomes quite ugly, but such compatibility has its price.