BibleTime is a Bible study application based on the Sword library and Qt toolkit.
You can just download and install BibleTime from github. The following requirements are needed only if you want to develop BibleTime.
- A C++11 compiler.
- QT 5.9+ (https://www.qt.io)
- Sword 1.8.1+ (https://crosswire.org/sword)
- CLucene 0.9.19+ (https://clucene.sf.net)
- CMake 3.10+ (https://cmake.org)
DOCUMENTATION GENERATION REQUIREMENTS (OPTIONAL)
- fop (for PDF generation)
These packages are only used by the build system when document generation and installation is enabled. By default, all translations of the handbook and howto documents are generated and installed. This can be changed using the following options to CMake:
- BUILD_HANDBOOK_HTML - whether to generate and install the HTML handbook
- BUILD_HANDBOOK_HTML_LANGUAGES - list of language codes to use for HTML handbook, or empty for all languages
- BUILD_HANDBOOK_PDF - whether to generate and install the PDF handbook
- BUILD_HANDBOOK_PDF_LANGUAGES - list of language codes to use for PDF handbook, or empty for all languages
- BUILD_HOWTO_HTML - whether to generate and install the HTML howto
- BUILD_HOWTO_HTML_LANGUAGES - list of language codes to use for HTML howto, or empty for all languages
- BUILD_HOWTO_PDF - whether to generate and install the PDF howto
- BUILD_HOWTO_PDF_LANGUAGES - list of language codes to use for PDF howto, or empty for all languages
For example, passing
-DGENERATE-HOWTO_HTML_LANGUAGES=en;et to the cmake
command to restricts generation and installation of howto HTML versions to the
English and Estonian translations only, and
generation of the howto in PDF format.
In the toplevel directory of this package, you can find
build-debug.sh to build BibleTime in debug mode.
It will build in the directory
./build/ and install to
./build/install/. You can run it just there, you do not
have to install it to
For a real installation, run
build-release.sh. This will
also build in
./build/, but then install to
You can find information about BibleTime, the installation and its usage in the following places:
- The BibleTime handbook available in the Help menu of the BibleTime application.
- There's a Bible study tutorial in the help menu.
May God, our Lord, use BibleTime for his glory.
The BibleTime developers