The Brain Imaging Data Structure (BIDS) is an emerging standard for the organisation of neuroimaging data.
In this repository, we develop the BIDS specification.
When to use BIDS
To organize your data in BIDS, all you need is neuro data, a computer, and the BIDS specification.
BIDS currently supports the following data modalities with more to come in the future:
Formatting your data with BIDS
As a dataset curator, the GitHub repository and all files therein can be safely ignored. Users should focus on the rendered content. The specification is provided in the form of a webpage, built using MkDocs and Read the Docs.
Want to learn more about working with BIDS? Have a question, comment, or suggestion?
- Read some introductory material, most likely the very basic problems have already been addressed!
- BIDS Starter Kit for tutorials, wikis, templates, ...
- Post your question in one of several channels where BIDS members are active
- the NeuroStars discourse forum
- the BrainHack Mattermost, for instant messaging (see also this news item)
- the Google group, for broader discussions surrounding BIDS
- the specification repository issue page, if you found inconsistencies, typos, or other issues with the BIDS specification itself
Contributing to BIDS
BIDS is a community-driven standard, and it depends on contributions from its members. We welcome new contributors, and we appreciate all contributions to the project!
For a current list of our contributors, please see our Contributors appendix.
When you're ready to get started, check out our contributing guidelines.