Home Assistant (https://www.home-assistant.io/) component for controlling LightwaveRF (https://lightwaverf.com) devices with use of a Lightwave Link Plus hub. Controls both generation 1 ("Connect Series") and generation 2 ("Smart Series") devices. Does not work with gen1 hub.
Tested by me and working with:
- L21 1-gang Dimmer (2nd generation)
- LW430 3-gang Dimmer (1st generation)
- LW270 2-gang Power socket (1st generation)
- LW821 In-line relay (1st generation)
- LW934 Electric switch/thermostat (1st generation)
Tested by others:
- L22 2-gang Dimmer (2nd generation)
- L24 4-gang Dimmer (2nd generation)
- Three-way relays (for controlling blinds/covers)
There are two ways to set up:
1. Using HACS (preferred)
This component is available through the Home Assistant Community Store HACS (https://hacs.netlify.com/)
If you use this method, your component will always update to the latest version. But you'll need to set up HACS first.
Copy all files from custom_components/lightwave2 to a
<ha_config_dir>/custom_components/lightwave2 directory. (i.e. you should have
The latest version is at https://github.com/bigbadblunt/homeassistant-lightwave2/releases/latest
If you use this method then you'll need to keep an eye on this repository to check for updates.
In Home Assistant:
- Enter configuration menu
- Select "Integrations"
- Click the "+" in the bottom right
- Choose "Lightwave 2"
- Enter username and password
- This should automatically find all your devices
Once configured this should then automatically add all switches, lights, thermostats and blinds/covers that are configured in your Lightwave app. If you add a new device you will need to restart Home Assistant, or remove and re-add the integration.
Generation 2 devices have the attribute
current_power_w for current power usage.
Various other attributes are exposed with the names
The color of the LED for generation 2 devices can be changed using the service call
Credit to Warren Ashcroft whose code I used as a base https://github.com/washcroft/LightwaveRF-LinkPlus