Generate Rails projects the way we like them.
The capybara-webkit gem which the generator installs dependes on QT
being installed. On OSX with Hombrew run
brew install qt to make
sure QT is installed.
gem install bnr_generator # if you are using rbenv rbenv rehash
# create a new project bnr new NAME # specify the database type bnr new NAME --database=DATABASE # Don't create a heroku app bnr new NAME --host=none # Don't use rvm bnr new NAME --ruby=none # get help, see all options bnr help
- Rails of course, currently the 3.2 branch
- Postgres all your database needs
- Heroku for deployment ease, a Heroku app will automatically be created for you.
- Slim for templating goodness
- RSpec for Behaviour-Driven Development
- Factory Girl, a fixtures replacement for generating test data
- Forgery for creating fake test data
- SimpleCov for test coverage reporting
- Fork it
- Create your feature branch (
git checkout -b my-new-feature)
- Commit your changes (
git commit -am 'Added some feature')
- Push to the branch (
git push origin my-new-feature)
- Create new Pull Request