Simple app thrown together to help demonstrate the effects of doze mode on your background schedulers.
App displays persisted log messages from the app that chronicle events relating to Doze and the background schedulers. Log messages can be updated by hitting "Refresh" in the options menu.
Bottom of the app allows the user to schedule the following background tasks:
- Repeating JobScheduler Job that kicks off every 10 minutes
- One off JobScheduler Job that requires the device to be plugged in and has a deadline of 10 minutes
- Inexact repeating AlarmManager Alarm every 15 minutes
- One time AlarmManager Alarm scheduled 10 minutes from now, scheduled with
The user can also:
- Pop up request to whitelist app (when app is already whitelisted will direct the user to battery optimization settings)
- Currently the battery optimization settings require a force close to reflect changes the user makes in the dialog (caches optimization setting and doesn't reflect outside changes).
- Cancel all of the alarms and jobs.
The app will log messages out when the device enters and exits idle mode.