The idea was born from a need on a recent project. The solution was inspired by the fine folks at BendyWorks while co-working with them in Madison, WI.
The pig gem takes its name from the classic story of the chicken and the pig. Many versions of this story exist and are retold with various twists. The base of the story is that the chicken and the pig decide to make a meal of Ham and Eggs (often as part of opening a restaurant), after careful consideration the pig decides against entering the partnership. The concern is that the chicken is involved but the pig would be committed.
- Include the gem in your Gemfile.
- Run the generator.
bundle exec rails generate pig
- Start your server
- Visit ‘/revision’
- Fork the project.
- Make your feature addition or bug fix.
- Add tests for it. This is important so I don’t break it in a future version unintentionally.
- Commit, do not mess with rakefile, version, or history.
(if you want to have your own version, that is fine but bump version in a commit by itself I can ignore when I pull)
- Send me a pull request. Bonus points for topic branches.
Copyright © 2010 Jim Remsik. See LICENSE for details.