List of Slideshow Karaoke Slides
This is no longer maintained. Feel free to fork this repository.
At many hackathons and events around the world, we play a game that's known as Slideshow Karaoke. It also goes by the name Powerpoint-Karaoke or Battle Decks. Basically, an audience watches a person present a random set of slides that they have never seen before, often with the slides being controlled by someone else. It's a lot of fun, with plenty of laughter and improvisation.
However, finding good slides is difficult. This repository should hopefully solve that.
List of Slides
|Slide Name||Topic||Added By|
|8 Things To Do Before You Manage Your Boss||Management||@bih|
|PHP Doesn't Suck||Programming Languages||@bih|
|Random Walks in the Sky||Theoretical Cosmology||@jpbreuer|
|Who and What||Random||@bih|
|Brexit and beyond||Politics||@pandelisz|
Thanks for wanting to contribute. There's just a few rules that we have for slides in this list:
- They must not violate the Major League Hacking Code of Conduct.
- They must have at least 15 slides, and no more than 75 slides.
- They must not contain more than 75% text. Text-heavy slides don't work.
- They must be available for public use. A good place to find slides is Slideshare.
- When creating a PR to add your slide to the list, please add them alphabetically.
What makes a funny set of slides for Slideshow Karaoke?
- Repetition. Lack of this is too much to follow and often not funny.
- Very opinionated. Slides that have a lot of opinion (i.e. programming language) are
- Nostalgia. When slides try to incorporate childhood TV shows into modern concepts, that's always a hit.
- Foreign slides. People can't present slides that they only half-understand
- Memes. Why not.