SODAR (System for Omics Data Access and Retrieval) is a specialized system for managing data in omics research projects.
The SODAR Core repository containes reusable and non-domain-specific apps making up the base of the SODAR system. These apps can be used for any Django application which wants to make use of the following features:
- Project-based user access control
- Dynamic app content management
- Advanced project activity logging
- Small file uploading and browsing
- Managing server-side background jobs
- Caching and aggregation of data from external services
- Tracking site information and statistics
This repository provides the following installable Django apps:
- projectroles: Base app for project access management and dynamic app content management. All other apps require the integration of projectroles.
- adminalerts: Site app for displaying site-wide messages to all users.
- bgjobs: Project app for managing background jobs.
- filesfolders: Storage and management of small files.
- siteinfo: Site app for displaying site information and statistics for administrators.
- sodarcache: Generic caching and aggregation of data referring to external services.
- taskflowbackend: Backend app providing an API for the optional
- timeline: Project app for logging and viewing project-related activity.
- userprofile: Site app for viewing user profiles.
Also included are resources and examples for developing SODAR compatible apps.
django-sodar-core package can be installed from GitHub as follows. PyPI
installation is forthcoming.
pip install -e git+https://firstname.lastname@example.org#egg=django-sodar-core
Please note that This package installs a collection Django apps to be used in a Django web site project. See SODAR Core documentation for detailed documentation on use, integration and development.