marc2solr -- get MARC data into Solr
marc2solrwas very useful, but I've collaborated with Jonathan Rochkind on a new, improved JRuby-based indexing framework called
traject. Use it instead
marc2Solr is based on Solrmarc, the excellent Java-based program that does more or less the same thing.
marc2Solr is not a drop-in replacement for Solrmarc, but can do most of the same things. A naive program to translate solrmarc config files to marc2solr config files is included. It's called -- wait for it -- solrmarc_to_marc2solr.
It relies on jruby to pull it all together; this will not run under stock Ruby!
- The marc2solr wiki has documentation on how to install, configure, and use
marc2solr, how it compares to
- The marc2solr_example git project has two examples:
simple_samplehas a very simple index and some translation maps that show off the major features with plenty of documentation. The
umichsubdirectory is the actual working code for the University of Michigan mirlyn install.
- The marcspec wiki is the definitive source for how to construct your index file, translation maps, and custom functions.
Note on Patches/Pull Requests
- Fork the project.
- Make your feature addition or bug fix.
- Add tests for it. This is important so I don't break it in a future version unintentionally.
- Commit, do not mess with rakefile, version, or history. (if you want to have your own version, that is fine but bump version in a commit by itself I can ignore when I pull)
- Send me a pull request. Bonus points for topic branches.
Copyright (c) 2010 BillDueber. See LICENSE for details.