firstname.lastname@example.org, Sun Jan 7 17:17:38 EST 2018
- create, maintain and check files against an .md5 file in base of specified directories.
- if no .md5 file exists, create one
- check files against existing .md5 file and report differences.
- a log kept as well in .md5.log
It Finds and Reports on
- changed files
- added files
- deleted files
- and makes suggestions about it being moved if it finds files with same md5
- comparing after a period of time to check for changes
- compare directories that are supposed to be equivalent (eg. across systems, backups, archives)
- finding duplicate files
checkfiles [-options] directory [directory..] options: -h print help and exit -q quiet -n n nice value