r/RoguelikeDev Does The Complete Roguelike Tutorial
Details on my game:
- This attempt is using the TCOD library
- Will complete the tutorial as close to the letter as possible, and then modify later
If you would like to participate:
- Follow along with the weekly posts.
- Share your game on the final week.
Notes & links:
Post tutorial goals:
- Get rid of all deprecation notices
- Organize the codebase a bit more (all function utilities in one folder, etc)
- move constants to own directory
- Fix dying, since right now you can just keep playing
- set health to zero (can be negative)
- don't save game where player is dead on exit
- don't allow movement
- display some kind of message (fading in?)
- fix targeting and spell casting/canceling
- use a tileset
- have messages fading out at the top?
- Add type hinting throughout the app, validating with MyPy
- Create a common
colorsdictionary and use everywhere there are colors used
- add additional "themes" once color theme/naming is done