DidItBetter.com Software Store 2.1
You can read a post I wrote on how to get it working under Vagrant.
You will at least need to make a copy of
database.yml to get this
store running. You should really read the post for all of the details.
It is a fairly vanilla implementation with a few important extensions and customizations. The theme is stock with minor tweaks.
The big changes include:
- Added html email notifications
- Customized emails with order info
- Theme changes including the logo and adding an Authorize.net seal to checkout
- Print invoice extension for making PDFs of orders
- Flexi-variants extension for adding product options without making whole new products
- DIBS referral extension (our own) for crediting agents when they send links to customers
- Email to friend extension
A note about the Authorize.net seal: it won't work for your site as is because it has our customer id encoded in it, which Authorize.net will only recognize from our domain. You'll need to customize it with your own id.
If you're just learning about how to work with Spree, the commit history on this project is a fine place to look, especially at the beginning of the history. The starting commits are well-groomed because with every minor release I create a new repository and regroom all of the commits from the last release into a small set of focused commits. The commits which come after those ones then devolve into the normal everyday maintenance, so they are a little more opaque, but they can still be useful to examine.