Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 31 million developers.Sign up
- [New] Updates can now be downloaded and applied from within the application.
- [New] The Windows version is now available as an MSI installer.
- [New] binjr new remembers its main window's screen position in-between sessions.
- [Fixed] Unsightly UI theme application on start-up or when detaching tabs.
- [Fixed] The application becomes unresponsive and crashes with an out-of-memory error if it gets overflown with user requests (e.g. continuous clicks on refresh or back/forward buttons).
- [Fixed] NPE when drag-and-dropping a folded tree.
- [Fixed] Tooltips are not styled according to the selected UI theme.
- [Fixed] Chart properties slide pane should not obscure charting area.
- [Fixed] Stroke width slider is grayed out for line and scatter point charts.
- [Fixed] Suggest popup on data adapter dialog doesn't adapt to longer URLs/paths.
- [API Change] Removed type parameters from the following classes from the Data Adapter API:
DataAdapter<T>is replaced by
BaseDataAdapter<T>is replaced by
HttpDataAdapter<T, A extends Decoder>is replaced by
Decoder<T>is replaced by
TimeSeriesBinding<T>is replaced by
TimeSeriesInfo<T>is replaced by
TimeSeriesProcessor<T>is replaced by
- [New] Added a "Settings" button to source panes.
- [New] Added an option to hide the source pane (Command bar menu "Sources > Hide Source Pane" or Ctrl+L)
- [New] Added an option to hide charts legend (Worksheet toolbar "Hide Charts Legends" or Ctrl+B)
- [New] Added an option to span the vertical bar of the selection crosshair over the height of all charts in a
worksheets using a stacked layout (Command bar "Settings > Charts > Hide Source Pane > Span crosshair over all charts")
- [New] Buttons in a worksheet's toolbar will now overflow to a menu pane if there is not enough space to display all
of them all at once.
- [New] A visual indication now identifies the currently selected charts on worksheets when there are more than one.
- [New] Clicking on a chart's title in the graphing area new selects it and expands its legend in the bottom pane.
- [New] Added support for small numbers unit prefix (m = milli, µ = micro, n = nano, etc...) for formatting Y axis values.
- [New] Added confirmation dialog when closing one or several worksheet tabs.
- [Fixed] A memory leak that occurs when adding, moving or changing the type of a chart in an existing worksheet.
- [Fixed] Uncaught exception when entering a negative range for a chart's Y axis causes a worksheet to become.
- [Fixed] Keyboard shortcuts do no work on detached tab windows.
- [Fixed] Dialog boxes are sometime drawn with a null width and height on some Linux/KDE platforms.
- [Fixed] Debug console appender is initialized only when console is displayed for the first time.
- [Fixed] Log level changes when entering or leaving debug console.
- [Fixed] Date formatting does not use the system locale.
- [Fixed] Wrong tooltip for time range picker on worksheet.
- [Fixed] Dropping series onto worksheets in main view fail after a detached tab window was closed.
- [Fixed] Scatter charts are drawn using default colours instead of the colours defined in the source.
- [Fixed] binjr fails to start when double-cliking on the launcher script on Linux or macOS.
- [Fixed] DataAdapter plugins do not get loaded when starting binjr from exec-maven-plugin or Graviton.
- [Fixed] JavaFX crashes on focus loss from dialog on macOS 10.14 Mojave.
- [Fixed] Trying to establish a connection via HTTPS fails with " Received fatal alert: handshake_failure".
- [Fixed] DataAdapter never cleans up its resources if if fails when populating source tree view.
- [New] Enhancements to debug mode console
- [New] Added changelog to distribution
- [Fixed] Disabled the forced sync mechanism for Rrd4J NIO backend.
Please note: Starting with this release, the Maven groupID for all the binjr artifacts changes from
- [Change] The keyboard shortcut to invoke debug mode changed from CRTL+SHIFT+D to F12.
- [FIxed] The debug output console's log view perpetually grows.
- [New] It is now possible to open binary files and XML dumps created with RrdTool using the Rrd4j data adapter.
NB: This uses Rrd4j 's built-in conversion facilities in order to import the original file's data into a temporary Rrd4j backend, so be aware that opening a very large rrd file (or a very large number of smaller ones) may be slower than expected, due to the necessary conversion process.
- [Fixed] The tree hierarchy for series bindings created with the Rrd4j adapter is incorrect or incomplete
- [New] Added a new data adapter to directly open and plot the content of rrd db files produced by RRd4j
- [New] Added a context menu accessible when right-cliking on the tab that provide shortcuts to various manipulations of the tabs (close, edit, duplicate and detach).