A Web Schema Visualization App
Run a local dev server
- Install Elasticsearch at localhost:9200 (follow this instruction)
- Clone this repo
git clone https://github.com/biothings/discovery-app.git
- Install system packages (on Ubuntu, for example)
sudo apt install libcurl4-openssl-dev libssl-dev
- Change directory to project folder
- Install python dependencies
pip install -r requirements.txt
- Create a config_key.py under project folder with
Follow this instruction to create your Github Client ID and Secret.
COOKIE_SECRET = '<Any Random String>' GITHUB_CLIENT_ID = '<your Github application Client ID>' GITHUB_CLIENT_SECRET = '<your Github application Client Secret>'
- Run dev server
python index.py --debug
You should now be able to access the homepage at http://localhost:8000/
Run in Docker
First refer to step 5 above to setup the credentials required to run the program.
The following commands should be issued under the first level project folder.
Make sure you have port
9200 not in use when starting containers.
docker-compose up --detach
Stop and restart
docker-compose stop docker-compose start
docker-compose exec web git pull