Please sign in to comment.
Remove confusing MAX_BLOCK_BASE_SIZE.
Some people keep thinking that MAX_BLOCK_BASE_SIZE is a separate size limit from the weight limit when it fact it is superfluous, and used in early tests before the witness data has been validated or just to compute worst case sizes. The size checks that use it would not behave any differently consensus wise if they were eliminated completely. Its correct value is not independently settable but is a function of the weight limit and weight formula. This patch just eliminates it and uses the scale factor as required to compute the worse case constants. It also moves the weight factor out of primitives into consensus, which is a more logical place for it.
- Loading branch information...
Showing with 43 additions and 45 deletions.
- +1 −1 src/bitcoin-tx.cpp
- +1 −3 src/blockencodings.cpp
- +2 −1 src/coins.cpp
- +6 −8 src/consensus/consensus.h
- +1 −1 src/consensus/tx_verify.cpp
- +18 −0 src/consensus/validation.h
- +2 −2 src/core_write.cpp
- +1 −1 src/merkleblock.cpp
- +1 −0 src/policy/policy.cpp
- +0 −9 src/primitives/block.cpp
- +0 −3 src/primitives/block.h
- +0 −5 src/primitives/transaction.cpp
- +1 −5 src/primitives/transaction.h
- +5 −4 src/rpc/mining.cpp
- +1 −0 src/test/sigopcount_tests.cpp
- +2 −1 src/undo.h
- +1 −1 src/validation.cpp