This release features big changes for drag and drop support: FuncUnit will now issue drag events after the initial mousedown/pointerdown event for any elements with the HTML5 "draggable" attribute enabled, per the w3c standard. FuncUnit will also issue the full range of Drag events ensuring that event generation accuracy is very close to full user-emulation.
We have also significantly increased the accuracy of event generation for jQuery drag and drop, sending almost the full range of events that a user would. (We don't send MouseOut / PointerOut because of some variability of when that event should be generated, but this is something we can look into for the future).
Any non-HTML5 drag and drop will default to the jQuery style of event generation automatically. So if you're using a framework that doesn't use jQuery, but drag and drop is triggered by similar events, you will receive upgraded event generation for that too automatically.
If there are any questions or problems, please let me know in Gitter. Thanks!
Release v3.4.0 added support for QUnit 2, but released using a detection strategy that broke in strict mode. This patch release uses a strict mode safe strategy.
This patch release attempted to fix problems introduced in v3.4.0 regarding the new QUnit2 support. The real fix is in v3.4.2, please refer to those notes for a complete explanation of the changes.
FuncUnit has been upgraded to Syn 0.10.0 which provides bugfixes and some new features!
- Right click now issues PointerEvents
- IE11 fix, where was not behaving properly on elements using PreventDefault on key-presses.
FuncUnit has been upgraded to Syn 0.5.0 which provides bugfixes and some new features!
- Scans the browser upon load for its native event types, then uses those events where appropriate.
- PointerEvents for all actions (move, drag, dblclick, etc) except rightClick
- TouchEvents for all actions (move, drag, dblclick, etc) except rightClick
- Support for additional Modifier Keys
- Ctrl modifier key
- Misc other bugfixes, additional tests, doc, and minor improvements
Let us know if you have any issues in the Gitter chat.
In this release, FuncUnit no longer sets window.jQuery so that if a module has dependencies on both FuncUnit and jQuery (a different version than what FuncUnit uses), they won't get mixed up (i.e. the module can use the version of jQuery it intended to).