HTML1337 Boilerplate is a professional front-end template for building fast, robust, and hella trill web apps or sites.
This project is the product of many years of iterative development and combined community knowledge...sort of. It imposes a specific development philosophy because Stylus, Modernizr, and Bootstrap's CSS play great together, and Grunt manages everything really nicely. It is based on the popular HTML5 Boilerplate but does things a bit differently.
- Source: https://github.com/bitpshr/html1337-boilerplate
- Homepage: http://bitpshr.info/html1337
- Twitter: @bitpshr
Clone the repo
git clone https://github.com/bitpshr/html1337-boilerplate.git --recursive
cd html1337-boilerplate npm install
Build Bootstrap's CSS
cd vendor/bootstrap && make bootstrap-css && cd ..
Develop your site, use Grunt to compile Stylus files
Or just listen for Stylus changes and have it compile automatically
- Stylus - CSS3 preprocessing
- Bootstrap Styles - base and responsive CSS only, no JS
- No JQuery - because ew who wants JQuery
- Grunt - concat, minify, live-compile stylus
- Clean - keep the file structure simple
Plus all the standard features from the HTML5 Boilerplate:
- HTML5 ready. Use the new elements with confidence.
- Cross-browser compatible (Chrome, Opera, Safari, Firefox 3.6+, IE6+).
- Designed with progressive enhancement in mind.
- Includes Normalize.css for CSS normalizations and common bug fixes.
- The latest Modernizr build for feature detection.
- IE-specific classes for easier cross-browser control.
- Placeholder CSS Media Queries.
- Useful CSS helpers.
- Apache server caching, compression, and other configuration defaults for Grade-A performance.
- Cross-domain Ajax and Flash.
- "Delete-key friendly." Easy to strip out parts you don't need.
- Extensive inline and accompanying documentation.
Anyone and everyone is welcome to contribute. Just fork and pull and try to follow the same coding style.