A curated list of awesome BitShares resources for users and developers.
The BitShares Blockchain is an industrial-grade decentralized platform built for high-performance financial smart contracts. It represents the first decentralized autonomous community that lets its core token holder decide on its future direction and products. In contrast to other smart contracting platform, its strict focus on security and reliabilty has allowed the BitShares Blockchain to become the largest host of decentralized exchanges.
Contributions welcome. Add links through pull requests or create an issue to start a discussion.
- Awesome BitShares Blockchain
- Projects Using the BitShares Blockchain
- Other Blockchains in the BitShares Family
Awesome BitShares Blockchain
A curated list of resources around the BitShares Blockchain and its ecosystem.
Want to contribute to the list? Read the contributors guide!
Approvals and Mandates
In BitShares, nothing is official unless approved by the holders of BTS through an approval process
- How.BitShares.works Documentation - The primary documentation, maintained by the community, hosted by github.
- docs.bitshares.eu - The original, worker funded documentation site.
- Forums - The original board of discussion for BitShares (ever since 2013).
- Steem#bitshares - #bitshares tagged posts on the STEEM blockchain.
- Whaleshares#bitshares - #bitshares tagged posts on the WHALESHARES blockchain.
- Twitter#bitshares - #bitshares tagged on Twitter.
- Reddit#bitshares - Reddit sub-reddit for BitShares.
- BitSharesDEX - General discussions on Telegram.
- BitShares Community - Even more general discussions.
- BitShares Traders - Focus on Trading.
- PyBitShares - Focus on python-bitshares development.
- BeetApp - Focus on beetapp development.
- DEXBOTbts - Focus on DEXBot development.
- Committee - (invite only) For committee members.
- Developers - (invite only) For developers.
- Witnesses - (invite only) For block producers.
- Bitfest 2018 - in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- Decentralized 2018 - BitShares as Platinum Sponsor - In Athens, Greece.
- Graphene DevCon 2018 - in Shanghai, China.
Given that many businesses and community members operate their own API endpoints, duplicating that list here would be unecessary efforts. Hence, we here link to the list of nodes as used in the reference wallet on wallet.bitshares.org.
- BTS++ - native Android/iOS app.
- BiTSy - native Android wallet with Merchants/Tellers map, in 104 languages.
- Beet - standalone web application.
- Reference Wallet - reference web wallet (ReactJS).
- Community UI - fully responsive community web wallet (VueJS).
Warning: Since these are hosted wallets, they may have access to your private account credentials and thus, your funds may be at risk. Do your own research!
- Magic Wallet - Android/iOS app.
- wallet.bitshares.eu - BitShares Europe hosted reference wallet (customized).
- wallet.bitshares.org - BitShares.org hosted reference wallet.
- BTS.ai - closed source.
- Open-Explorer.io - open source code base.
- bithares-Explorer.io - based on open-explorer, closed source.
- bitsharescan.com - closed source.
- cryptofresh.com - closed source, operational since 2015.
Libraries capable of communicating with the BitShares blockchain.
- bitshares-core - reference code base that operates the blockchain.
- graphenej - Graphene Java lib for mobile app Developers.
- bitsharesjs - used by reference wallet.
- vuex-bitshares - used by Trusty/Community UI.
- python-bitshares - full featured python library.
Tools and Scripts
- DEXBot - Market Maker bot
- bitshares-scripts - a set of python scripts.
- bitshares-tradehistory-analyzer - a set of scripts for exporting and analyzing trading history.
- stakemachine [deprecated trading bot platform]
- Uptick - command line tool.
Projects Using the BitShares Blockchain
Warning: Being listed here is not endorsement nor does it provide any credibility to these projects. Even though the authors of this list have high quality standards, limited resources prevent them from keeping this list up-to-date with respect to their credibility. Use this list at your own risk and do your own research!
- PalmPay - A chain-agnostic Point Of Sale system, using Bitshares DEx, in 104 languages.
- Tatch Capital
Other Blockchains in the BitShares Family
BitShares being the first that is build on the Graphene or graphene-like base system, other blockchains have been deployed that make use of the very same foundations:
- Smoke Network
To the extent possible under law, Dr.-Ing. Fabian Schuh has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this work.